Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Painted Pumpkins


This coming June I will be married for 5 years! That means I have had my "own" house, (counting this year) for FIVE falls. Up until this year, I haven't decorated for fall, except for one or two carved pumpkins sitting on the porch. This year, I started decorating just my porch, but that overflowed into my house. Now my fireplace and mantel have been replaced with seasonal decor, along with a stand in my living room. I have been trying to keep myself from buying more pumpkins, but they are just so tempting--especially those white ones!

My mother-in-law had a pumpkin painting party at her house, providing materials for what could be endless hours of fun-paint, glue, glitter, tape, & ribbon just to name a few!

Here is what I came up with!


Chevron Painted Pumpkin

You'll Need:
-pumpkin (you could use real or fake)
-painters tape
-scissors
-spray paint- I used Krylon Gold Metallic

Directions:
1. Cut tape into strips two inches long. 
2. Using the strips of tape, create a chevron/zig zag design around the pumpkin. Repeat, one row at a time.


3. You may need to trim some of the pieces, since pumpkins aren't perfectly circular.
4. Spray your pumpkin with spray paint.
5. Remove tape immediately. If the tape starts to peel paint off, use a razor blade to cut through the paint.



Monogram Painted Pumpkin

You'll Need:
-pumpkin (real or fake)
-letter of your choice, cut out of paper or card stock
-painters tape
-spray paint (I used the metallic gold again to keep them in the same theme)
-scissors

Directions:
1. Cut letter out of paper.
2. Adhere letter to the sticky side of the tape (make sure you stick it on backwards so when you turn the tape around & stick it on the pumpkin its facing the right way!)
3. Cut the letter from the middle of the tape, using either scissors or a razor blade.
4. Stick to pumpkin.

5. If you feel like you might get paint on any of the pumpkin not covered in tape, continue adding tape around the pumpkin.
6. Spray letter onto pumpkin.
7. Remove tape immediately, using a razor blade if needed.



Gold Striped Painted White Pumpkins

What you'll need:
-pumpkin
-gold glitter paint
-paint brush

Directions
1. Using the creases already on the pumpkin, paint gold lines. It's up to you how many you choose to do around, whether you paint every crease or every other. 


For the solid gold pumpkins, spray entire pumpkin using the metallic gold spray paint.


As a side note, I love my mint stand! My mom snatched it up at a yard sale for a few bucks. She originally painted it black for us, since my whole house was in black & white! Since then, I have been adding color into my life and this is one piece that needed a change:)


Please feel free to PIN anything you like onto your pinterest page:)



No comments:

Post a Comment