1) Bake an apple pie and the juices overflow to the bottom of the oven
2) The oven is to hot to clean right away
3) Once the oven is cool, I am either busy with other stuff or completely forget about the mess
4)A few meals later cooked in the oven & another mess
AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES...so, actually I don't normally clean my oven. oops.
How many of you do the same thing and end up with an oven like this?
Here's when I realize my oven is way overdue a good cleaning. When I am baking a delicious smelling chocolate cake, and the only thing I can smell is burning gunk
--you need a good cleaner.
Don't want to use those chemical oven cleaners, or the self oven cleaner that takes HOURS and makes the house hot and stink? Try baking soda & vinegar.
1) Take out your oven racks.
2) Sprinkle baking soda (heavily) on the bottom of your oven.
3) Spray baking soda with vinegar until wet.
4) Because I am impatient, I wiped and scrubbed the baking soda & vinegar paste a few times & repeated the process. I would suggest leaving it set for an hour or longer until scrubbing.
5) If you need to, repeat.
6) Some spots were bad enough that I had to use a screwdriver to scrape.
7) With a wet rag and bucket of water (with dish soap), clean out the paste, and hopefully all of the burnt food!
Feel free to PIN IT, and leave a comment!